Dr. Abhishek Zanwar is one of the best Rheumatologists in Viman Nagar. He is well known for his Rheumatology Treatment in Viman Nagar. His flawless reputation of over 7 years has been helpful for many patients’ healthy recovery.
He is specialized in Arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Adult Rheumatology, Pediatric Rheumatology, Musculoskeletal ultrasound and guided procedures, Back Pain. He is a consultant Rheumatologist at Poona Superspeciality Clinic and Ruby Hall Clinic. He pursued his DM (Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology), from the prestigious SGPGI, Lucknow. He prefers being updated in his field and hence engages in various workshops and activities related to his field.
- IMACS (The International Myositis Assessment and Clinical Studies Group)
- IRA (Indian Rheumatology Association)
- IRA travel grant for American College of Rheumatology conference 2017
- Best Poster Award Association of Physicians in India (APICON)-2013
1) Musculoskeletal imaging ( Dr. Girish Gandhikota, University of Michigan, USA)
- Basic course in Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Advanced course in Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Basic course in Musculoskeletal MRI.
2) National Autoantibody workshop, 2014
1) Abhishek Zanwar, Sanat Phatak, Amita Aggarwal; Prospective validation of the Juvenile Spondyloarthritis Disease Activity Index in children with enthesitis-related arthritis, Rheumatology, key 246, doi.org/10.1093/ rheumatology/key246
2) Zanwar AA ‘Not all drugs (and route) are same’ Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases Published Online First: 01 June 2018. doi:10.1136/annrheumdis- 2018-213730
3) Zanwar AA, Jain A, Gupta L, Chaurasia S, Kumar S, Misra D, Misra R; Serum BAFF and APRIL levels in Indian patients with Takayasu arteritis; Clinical Rheumatology DOI: 10.1007/s10067-018-4207-y
4) Zanwar A, Phatak S, Misra R. Ochronosis. Postgrad Med J. 2016 Oct;92 (1092):626. doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2016-134174.
5) Zanwar A, Ahmed S, Misra DP, Agarwal V, Sharma A, Wakhlu A, Negi VS. Recent evidence comparing combination of conventional synthetic diseasemodifying antirheumatic drugs with biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs in rheumatoid arthritis. Indian J Rheumatol 2017 Aug 29;12:104-9
6) Zanwar A, Gupta L, Misra R. Balanitis circinata. Eur J Rhematol 2018; DOI: 10.5152/eurjrheum.2018.17153
7) Gupta L, Zanwar A, Ahmed S, Aggarwal A. Outcomes of Pregnancy in Women With Inflammatory Myositis: A Retrospective Cohort From India. J Clin Rheumatol. 2019 Feb 1
8) Gupta L, Zanwar A, Misra DP, Agarwal V. Approach to non-compressive back pain. Neurol India 2019;67:671-8
9) Jain A, Kumar D, Guleria A, Misra DP, Zanwar A, Chaurasia S, Kumar S, Kumar U, Mishra SK, Goel R, Danda D, Misra R. NMR-based Serum Metabolomics of patients with Takayasu arteritis (TA) – Relationship with disease activity. J Proteome Res. 2018 Aug 10. doi: 10.1021/acs.jproteome. 8b00456
10) Guleria A, Phatak S, Dubey D, Kumar S, Zanwar A, Chaurasia S, Kumar U, Gupta R, Aggarwal A, Kumar D, Misra R. NMR-Based Serum Metabolomics Reveals Reprogramming of Lipid Dysregulation Following Cyclophosphamide-Based Induction Therapy in Lupus Nephritis. J Proteome Res. 2018 Jul 6;17(7):2440-2448
11) Gupta L, Zanwar A, Wakhlu A, Agarwal V. Leprosy in the rheumatology clinic: an update on this great mimic. Int J Rheum Dis. 2016 Oct;19(10):941-945.
12) Gupta L, Zanwar A, Agarwal V, Skeletal fluorosis mimicking Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis (2010), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.injms.2017.07.005
13) Patro PS, Phatak S, Zanwar A, Lawrence A. Presumptive Lupus Enteritis. Am J Med. 2016 Nov;129(11):e277-e278. doi:10.1016/j.amjmed.2016.04.032.
14) Phatak S, Mohindra N, Zanwar A, Aggarwal A. Prominent midfoot involvement in children with enthesitis-related arthritis category of juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2017 Aug;36(8):1737-1745
15) Ajmani S, Zanwar A, Patro P, Lawrence A. Dacrocystitis and orbital pseudotumor in a patient with Granulomatosis with polyangitis. Eur J Rheumatol 2017; DOI:10.5152/ eurjrheum.2017.17081
16) Gupta L, Ahmed S, Zanwar A. The pathogenesis of scleroderma. Indian J Rheumatol 2017;12:S142-8.
17) Shenoy S, Chaurasia S, Edavalath S, Zanwar A, Agrawal V, Aggarwal A, Misra R. Effect of induction therapy on circulating T-helper 17 and Tregulatory cells in active proliferative lupus nephritis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2018 Feb 2
18) Rajadhyaksha A, Sonawale A, Chichkhede A, Zanwar A. Recurrent Seizures Due to Pancreatic Insulinoma. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 Jun;64(6):86-87
19) Hafis M, Latika G, A Zanwar, Durga P M, Able L, V Agarwal, A Aggarwal, Ramnath M; Infections are leading cause of in-hospital Mortality in Indian patients with inflammatory myopathy, Accepted in press; Journal of Clinical Rheumatology 2019
20) Book chapter: Zanwar A, Gupta L, Agarwal V; Amyloid Arthropathy; Cases in Rheumatology. Editor: Dr. Ved Chaturvedi
Book chapter: Zanwar A, Misra D, Agarwal V; Approach to young lady with raised SGOT, SGPT and dysphagia, Manual of Medicine IAP, 2018
- Indian Journal of Rheumatology (Member, editorial board)
- Rheumatology International
- International Journal of Rheumatic diseases
American College of Rheumatology 2017:
1) Prospective validation of the Juvenile Spondyloarthritis Disease Activity Index (JSpADA) and its comparison with adult spondyloarthritis disease activity scores
2) NMR-Based Serum Metabolomics of Patients with Takayasu Arteritis (TA) and Relationship with Disease Activity
American College of Rheumatology 2016:
Foot Involvement in Enthesitis-Related Arthritis Subtype of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: Clinical, Radiological and Functional Assessment
British Society of Rheumatology 2018:
Higher disease activity at baseline predicts progression of damage in Takayasu arteritis
International conference on primary immunodeficiency disorder 2017:
Antibody deficiency disorders: Single center experience of 6 years from North India
INDO-UK summit 2018:
High incidence of tuberculosis in myositis- comparison with lupus
Indian rheumatology association annual conference (IRACON)
1) Serum BAFF and APRIL are increased in Indian patients with Takayasu arteritis
2) Thalidomide in systemic onset JIA: single center experience of 24 patients
3) Systemic Onset JIA: Single center experience form North India
4) Poor obstetric outcomes in North Indian women with Takayasu’s arteritis
5) Juvenile Reactive Arthritis: Is it different from other childhood spondyloarthropathies?
6) Association of IL-6 -174 G/C and TNF-α 308 G/A promoter genes polymorphism with the susceptibility of Takayasu Arteritis in North Indian population