Dr. Sunil V. Pawar is a well-qualified Gastroenterologist in Viman Nagar, Hepatologist & Endoscopist practicing at leading hospitals in Pune. He completed his medical education from esteemed medical colleges in India, obtaining the super specialty DM (Gastroenterology) and DNB (Gastroenterology) qualifications after his graduation (MBBS) and post-graduation (MD).
Dr. Sunil Pawar is a member of several prominent medical associations pertaining to the areas of his specialization. He has to his credit more than 25 publications in national and international journals. His clinical acumen and diagnostic skills are exemplary, and he is known for his pleasant bedside manner. He believes in prevention more than the treatment of diseases. He is excellent in all diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures. He has worked with renowned gastroenterologists of India and has performed more than 7,000 endoscopic procedures.
Dr. Pawar received an award for excellence in MBBS from the Rotary Club of Sion in Mumbai. He was nominated by the Department of Medicine for Best Resident award in KEM Hospital, Mumbai. He was the winner of the prestigious TYSA Gastroenterology National Competition in 2015. His paper on the pancreas was selected for presentation at an international pancreatology conference in Shanghai, China, and his paper on genetic studies was awarded first prize at APICON 2012.
Dr. Pawar currently works as a Consultant at Jehangir Hospital, Columbia Asia Hospital, Sahyadri hospital in Pune.
- Intestinal diseases
- Liver diseases
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Fatty Liver
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Pancreatic diseases
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD)
- Third-Space Endoscopy
- Stenting for Cancers
- Dissertation (M.D) –Association of human leucocyte antigen with first line and second line antiretroviral therapy.
- Study of prevalence of nonalcoholic liver disease in overweight and obese children between age of 9 to 17 year in western India.
(This article has been published in front page of the leading news paper http://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mumbai/cover-story/SoBos-pvt-schools-have-more-fatkids-than-BMC-schools/articleshow/52116798.cms)
- SV Pawar, SB Dharap, N Goyal, RS Goel, R Kamble. Preventable deaths in trauma: Learning from our own experience.
- Utility of biopsy for patients with chronic hepatitis B as per international guidelines: Multicenter study
- GS US 320 0110:A phase 3, Randomized double blind study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of tenofoviralafenamide (TAF) 25 mg QD versus TenofovirDisoproxil fumarate (TDF) 300 mg QD for the treatment of HBeAg positive chronic hepatitis B
- GS US 334 1775 A multicenter prospective observational post marketing surveillance study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of sovaldi based regimens in clinical practice for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection in India.
- Pawar SV, Zanwar VG, Choksey AS, Mohite AR, Jain SS, Surude RG, Contractor QQ,Rathi PM, Verma RU, Varthakavi PK. Most overweight and obese Indian children have nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Ann Hepatol. 2016 Nov-Dec;15(6):853-861.
- Sonthalia N, Rathi PM, Jain SS, Surude RG, Mohite AR, Pawar SV, Contractor Q.Natural History and Treatment Outcomes of Severe Autoimmune Hepatitis. J ClinGastroenterol. 2017 Jul;51(6):548-556.
- PawarV,SonthaliaN,PawarS,SurudeR,ContractorQ,RathiP;Successful endoscopic management of bile leak: A single-center experience; Journal of digestive endoscopy;2017 Dec;8(4);170- 175
- Balikar R, Redkar NN, Patil MA, Pawar S. Myasthenia gravis and pure red cell aplasia: a rare association. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Feb 14;2013.
- PA Gambhire,ARMohite,SVPawar,VGZanwar,AChafekar,PMRathi. A Case of Synchronous Squamous Cell Carcinoma in the Esophagus and Stomach: A Rare Duo.feb 2015.Gastroenterology research.8(1). 163-166.
- Zanwar VG, Pawar SV, Jain SS, Rathi SP, Contractor QQ, Rathi PM. Anunusualcause of overt gastrointestinal bleeding in a malnourished child. Trop Doct. 2016Apr;46(2):100-2.
- Pawar SV, Zanwar VG, Gambhire PA, Mohite AR, Choksey AS, Rathi PM, AsgaonkarDS. Unusual complication of amebic liver abscess: Hepatogastric fistula. World J GastrointestEndosc. 2015 Jul 25;7(9):916-9.
- Zanwar VG, Pawar SV, Gambhire PA, Jain SS, Surude RG, Shah VB, Contractor QQ, Rathi PM. Symptomatic improvement with gluten restriction in irritable bowel syndrome: a prospective, randomized, double blinded placebo controlled trial.Intest Res. 2016 Oct;14(4):343-350.
- Cystic tumors of pancreas: Experience of tertiary hospital over period of 10 years. S.V. Pawar B.R. Saxena R.M. Joshi R. Singh R.G. Surude P.M. Rathi. Pancreatology 2016 january [Abstract]
- Pawar SV, Zanwar VG, Jain SS, Rathi PM. A Lumpy Bumpy Liver. Gastroenterology Res. 2015 Oct;8(5):279-280.
- Sonthalia N, Pawar SV, Mohite AR, Jain SS, Surude RG, Rathi PM, Contractor Q. MetronidazoleInduced Encephalopathy in Alcoholic Liver Disease: A Diagnostic and Therapeutic Challenge. J Emerg Med. 2016 Oct;51(4):e79-e83.
- Sonthalia N, Jain S, Pawar S, Zanwar V, Surude R, Rathi PM. Primary hepatic amyloidosis: A case report and review of literature. World J Hepatol. 2016 Feb 28;8(6):340-4.
- Pawar S, Zanwar V, Mohite A, Surude R, Rathi P, Balasubramani M. A Family of Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis and Atypical Retinitis Pigmentosa. ClinPract. 2015 Nov 5;5(4):792.
- Zanwar VG, Pawar SV, Jain SS, Nayak CS, Rathi PM. Cutaneous lesions in colorectal carcinoma: a rare presentation. Intest Res. 2016 Jan;14(1):102-3.
- Mohite AR, Gambhire PA, Pawar SV, Jain SS, Contractor QQ, Rathi PM. Changing clinical profile and factors associated with liver enzyme abnormalities among HIV-infected persons. Trop Doct. 2016 Jun 24.
- Pawar SV, Mohite AR, Surude RG, Rathi PM, Nayak CS. Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita associated with dysphagia and stricture of esophagus. Indian J DermatolVenereolLeprol. 2016 Nov-Dec;82(6):717-719.
- Rathi P, Pawar S, Contractor Q. Wiser to prevent childhood obesity. Indian J Med Res. 2016 Mar;143(3):373.
- Pawar SV, Choksey AS, Jain SS, Surude RG, Rathi PM. Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity in 4 Schools of South Mumbai. J ClinDiagn Res. 2016 Mar;10(3):OC01-2.
- Zanwar VG, Pawar SV, Gambhire PA, Jain SS, Rathi PM. An Interesting Case ofNon-Resolving Hepatogastric Fistula – An Unseen Cause. J ClinDiagn Res. 2016 Feb;10(2):PD27-8.
- Pawar SV, Zanwar VG, Jain SS, Rathi PM. Transient Parotitis After Oesophagogastroduodenoscopy: A Rare Complication. J ClinDiagn Res. 2015 Nov;9(11):OJ01
- SV Pawar, SB Dharap, N Goyal, RS Goel, R Kamble.Preventable deaths in trauma:Learning from our own experience. The Journal Of General Medicine 2007.19(4);47-48[Abstract]
- S Pawar, N Redkar, M Patil, S Mahajan, AKeur. Bilateral Dupuytren’s Contracture. Indian journal of clinical practice 2013.40(9);863-4
- PravinRathi,SunilPawar. Letter to editor, Liver biopsy and Fibroscan. Indian practitioner. July 2014(67);457
- Sunil Pawar, Ajay Choksey, Vinay Zanwar, RavindraSurude, PravinRathi. Clinical Profile of NonAlcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Overweight and Obese School Children in Western India.Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology.2015(5); S26.[Abstract]
- 10. Vinay Zanwar, Sunil Pawar, RavindraSurude, Samit Jain, PravinRathi. Hepatic Sinusoidal Dilatation in Liver Biopsy: How Specific for Venous Outflow Impairment?Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology.2015(5); S55–S56.[Abstract]
- This article has been published in front page of the leading news paper http://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mumbai/cover-story/SoBos-pvt-schools-have-more-fatkids-than-BMC-schools/articleshow/52116798.cms)
Awards and Recognitions
- TYSA gastroenterology quiz national winner 2016 held at Ahmedabad
- Second prize for presidential poster presentation in ISGCON 2015 indore.
- Dynamic contrast enhanced MRI: role in characterisation of focal liver lesions at ISGCON 2015
- Acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding in tertiary care center in western India: Its characteristics, Diagnoses and outcome at ISGCON 2015
- Neuroleptic Malignant syndrome at MAPCON 2011
- Immunogenetic studies in HIV 1 infectedpatients under antiretroviral therapy at APICON 2012
- First Place in State Level ISHBT Quiz Competition held At TMH, Mumbai in 2012
- Runner up in National Level ISHBT Quiz Competition held at Puri, Odisha in 2012
- Platform Case Presentation ‘The Diagnostic dilemma in immunocompromized states’ at HIV Congress 2012 at Mumbai.
- He has presented paper on ‘Death audit of factors leading to mortality in trauma’ in First Asian and Second National Medical Students Research Conference arranged by ICMR in Pune in 2009.
- He has done Indian Council Of Medical Research STS Study ‘Causes and solutions of trauma Mortality’ in 2007
- Runner up for Regional intercollegiate Pharmacology Quiz Competition in 2006 held at SGSMS & KEM Hospital,Mumbai
- Second Runner up for State intercollegiate Pharmacology Quiz Competition in 2006 held at TNMC & BYL Nair Hospital.
- Poster presentation‘Clinical Profile of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Overweight and Obese School Children in Western India’ at the 23rd INASL conference in New Delhi on 31 july 2015.
- Distinction in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry in first year. Second in Sion hospital in first year.
- Distinction in Pharmacology and Pathology in second year MBBS.
- Award for excellence in 3rd year MBBS from Rotary club of Sion,Mumbai.
- Nominated from the dept of medicine for best resident award in KEM hospital,Mumbai